Any time a woman has an event of any kind coming up, it serves as a completely legitimate excuse to go shopping for a new outfit, right? Well Bloggy Con ’13 is this weekend (EEK!) and that gave me the perfect opportunity to grab a few new outfits! I have to look my best, after all, since this is my first ever blog conference so I want to make a great impression!
Yesterday I showed you my cute business cards, which will serve as a lasting impression when I get them in the hot little hands of other bloggers this weekend. Today I want to show you the outfits I’ve put together to help me make a great first impression!
Before I show you more detailed shots of my outfits, let me enlighten you on the thought process behind my choices. Maybe, if you are attending a blog conference soon, these ideas may help you make awesome style choices, too!
Point to Ponder: I am a walking, talking representation of One Tough Mother, and I truly feel that coordinating with the look and feel of my blog in person will go a long way towards helping people put my face together with my blog. Because of this, I kept these things in mind while making my outfit selections:
- Blog Colors: I’m a huge fan of red and turquoise. My blog is covered in red and turquoise, as you can see. I also painted my craft room/office in a bright turquoise and accented it in reds. So it was only natural that I carry my favorite color combination over into my wardrobe, right?
- Blog Style: One Tough Mother is not a fancy, boutique-y kinda place, and neither am I in person. My blog style is very much like my personal style – casual but put-together, with lots of accessories and lots of color.
- Comfort & Purpose: While we all want to look our best, a blog conference requires a lot of walking, sitting, networking… It’s essential to be comfortable in your clothes. The outfit selections I made are pieces that fit, wear well, and allow me to move and shake hands and hug (I’m a hugger poeple, consider yourself warned).
Taking all of these things into consideration, I came up with five outfits that I think fit the bill perfectly for me for this weekend’s Bloggy Con ’13.
Friday night is our blogger Meet & Greet, where we’ll mix and mingle with 200 other bloggers for the first time, and have dinner. For this occasion, I chose my red pleated maxi skirt and paired it with a cobalt blue t-shirt. The black elastic bow belt and red statement necklace give it a nice dressed-up feel, while still being comfortable and not over-the-top.
Saturday will be a day of moving from one session to another and sitting to take notes, with a break for lunch. It’s all about comfort today, but comfort doesn’t have to mean yoga pants and a baggy tee. I opted for my straight leg jeans paired with a red loose-fitting henley. It’s a very lightweight material so I won’t be too hot, but because it has sleeves, I shouldn’t need to worry about being chilly in the conference rooms either. Going light on accessories, I chose my camera necklace that has a little turquoise bow charm on it, and my Dr. Scholl’s striped flats.
Plans for Saturday night are still up in the air, but if me and my girls go out, I want to look my best! I’ll keep the same jeans on from sessions, but add a beige and black top, leopard print skinny belt, and black flat sandals. I love the soft knit material of this top, and the black satin ribbon down the back is a nice touch. I’ll be accessorizing with my chunky black necklace to complete this outfit.
Sunday will be another day of sessions until noon, then I’ll be flying back home, so cute and comfortable collide in this outfit. I’ll be wearing my dark denim jeans with a turquoise flowy sleeveless top and my Dr. Scholl’s striped flats. My turquoise and brown gemstone necklace is the perfect compliment to this top.
I was a Girl Scout, so I know a thing or two about being prepared. I’m packing a Just-In-Case outfit – you know, just in case I spill something on myself, or just in case I change my mind about one of the other outfits (because I am a girl, ya know, and we do that). So, I’m packing my cobalt blue skinny jeans and my black heart flowy sleeveless top. I love this top, mostly for the little buttons that gather the top on the back. Even though my blog colors aren’t being represented in this outfit, the hearts are definitely a huge part of the look of One Tough Mother, so I’m covered!
So, what’s your favorite outfit? I think mine is the Friday Night Meet & Greet outfit – the red maxi? LOVE! Will I see you at Bloggy Con ’13?
Latest posts by Kirsten Thompson (see all)
- Christmas Stationary Free Printables - December 5, 2013
- Signs by Andrea Review Personalized Wood Signs + Giveaway - December 4, 2013
- Designer Painted Ornaments from Plain Bulbs - December 3, 2013